ASKAR FMA F180 f/4.5
ASKAR FMA F180 f/4.5
ASKAR FMA F180 f/4.5 Astrograph Camera Lens - Triplet APO Refractor Telescope with f/4.5 reducer/flattener.
The ASKAR FMA180 objective lens features a triplet air-spaced APO design, includes two pieces of ED (extra-low dispersion) glass, providing excellent correction of chromatic aberration, which lays the foundation for high quality astrophotography and observation.
The ASKAR FMA180 reducer/flattener features a Triplet air-spaced design, combined use with the also triplet objective lens provides clear and sharp image, specifically optimized for astrophotography, so you don't have to worry about chromatic aberration. Using the f/4.5 reducer makes it capable of capturing clear astrophotos in considerably less time.
When using the special F4.5 full frame reducer/flattener, the 40mm aperture, 220mm (f/4.5) focal length ASKAR FMA180 becomes a professional APO refractor with 180mm focal length and it will present excellent performance for both visual observation and astrophotography, .
For traditional astrophotography, it is difficult to achieve a focal length of less than 200MM with commercially available telescopes. The only choice in this range is the ordinary camera lens. However, camera lenses use a large number of lenses (10-15) and therefore are not optimized for astrophotography, so the result is not satisfactory.
The FMA180 is our latest development and if you wanted to capture deep-sky objects, it will offer you superior optical performance in comparison to telephoto prime lenses.
In addition to photography and observation, the FMA180 can also serve you as a high-performance finder/guider of your choice. The overall tube length is 145mm, the small size of FMA180 tips the scales at a mere 395g.
Therefore, the standard package includes a pair of tube rings and a finder bracket, which can be easily attached to the finder base on the market. In addition, the finder bracket can be divided into two parts, among which the dovetail plate can be used alone, and it can be connected to the tripod with standard camera thread and other head. This SWISS standard dovetail can be connected to the corresponding plate slot more conveniently, and it can also attach to the VIXEN narrow equatorial adapter. Hence you can get rich connectivity for both photographic purposes and observation.
Due to its small size it can be directly attached to a camera like a normal lens, and easy to take anywhere.
Click on the above image for a larger size.
Examples of use for the FMA180:
1) Main tube + focuser + reducer/flattener + reducer connection extension tube: 180mm F4.5 sextuplet APO flat field correction astrograph lens (recommended photographic mode, product assembled)
2) Main tube + focuser + extension tube 1 + extension tube 2＋reducer connection extension tube : 220mm F5.5 triplet APO lens
1) Main tube + focuser + extension tube 1 + 1.25" adapter: It can be combined with 1.25" star diagonal and eyepiece for standard observation mode or finderscope mode.
2) Main tube + focuser + extension tube 1 + extension tube 2: It can be combined with 1.25" eyepiece for visual observation mode or finderscope mode.
- Apertaure: 40mm
- Focal Length: 220mm or 180mm (with reducer)
- Focal Ratio: f/5.5 or f/4.5 (with reducer)
- Objective type: Triplet Dual ED air -spaced APO (objective lens only) or Flatfield Sextuplet APO Refractor (with reducer/flattener)
- Overall length: 145mm
- Weight: 395g
- M42x0.75 male thread (photographic mode),
- 1.25" eyepiece holder barrel (observation mode)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
- FMA180 body (troplet APO + reducer/flattener)
- a pair of tube rings
- finderscope bracket
- two extension tubes
- instruction manual
- 1.25" adapter (1.25" eyepiece holder)
- Allen key