ZWO ASI174MM USB3.0 Monochrome CMOS Camera with Global Shutter Technology and Autoguider Port
Comes with 2 years warranty
Experience SONY's Pregius Global Shutter CMOS Technology
The ZWO ASI174MM brings SONY's Pregius Global Shutter CMOS technology to amateur astronomers without breaking the bank. With its large sensor, large pixel size, high frame rate, and comparatively high resolution, this camera is perfect for beginners focusing on Lunar, Solar, and deep sky imaging.
Unlock the Potential for Lunar, Solar, and Deep Sky Imaging
This camera excels in Lunar and Solar imaging and offers the opportunity to explore deep sky objects up to a certain level. For solar imaging, it's essential to use a proper solar filter in front of your telescope (SCT, Mak, Newtonian) or other suitable solar technology for refractor telescopes to ensure your safety.
High-Speed Connectivity and Versatility
Featuring a USB3.0 connection, the ASI174MM can be used with newer laptops and is backward compatible with USB2.0. The camera comes with an AUTOGUIDER PORT, making it suitable for both imaging and guiding.
Choose the Monochrome Version for Best Results
The monochrome version of the ZWO ASI174MM is recommended for L-RGB or narrow band deep sky photography, offering sharp, contrasty images. If you prefer a more straightforward approach, consider the colour version, ZWO ASI174MC.
Features and Specifications:
- Resolution: 1936X1216 at up to 164fps (12bit ADC) or 128fps (10bit ADC)
- Long time exposure up to 1000s
- Autoguider Port
- Built-in RAW mode and Grey mode output support
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 78%
- No fixed pattern noise (FPN)
- Full aluminium housing with standard 2" interface
- M42X0.75 internal thread
- Compatible with DirectShow and ASCOM
- Supported OS: Windows, Linux, Arm-linux, Mac OSX
- Sensor: 1/1.2" CMOS SONY IMX174LLJ
- Pixel Size: 5.86µm
- Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
- Interface: USB3.0 (backward compatible with USB2.0)
- Adaptor: 2" / 1.25" / M42X0.75
- Dimension: φ62mm X 41mm
- Weight: 140g
- Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
Software and Drivers
On the included CD, you'll find drivers and two software applications: Firecapture and SharpCap. For the latest versions, download them from the developers' websites. We recommend using the latest version of Firecapture with the USB3.0 ZWO ASI cameras.
Transmission chart of the Clear filter used as an optical window in the ZWO ASI174 CMOS cameras
For full specification, driver installation tutorial (you tube video), basic usage information and recommended third party software please visit the manufacturer's website